Thursday, October 8, 2009

The time of the Blood Moon

I beg your pardon, gentle reader. I promised more and have delivered so little. Well, time we improved things then.

I will admit that I haven't been feeling quite my best lately. I cam into my moon time a little late this cycle, and as such it is wreaking unholy vengeance on me for daring to allow the stress and tension I was carrying from moving and school starting to hold it back. I have muscle aches from my mid back down into my upper thighs, as I have had all day, and I feel vaguely like I've been run over. Even the dulcet tones of Jack Skellington singing in the background doesn't seem to be cheering me. A dismal day indeed.

Does anyone else recall the days of Health Class when they're going over the human body and reproductive cycles, and they tell you brightly and cheerfully that a woman's period should only run 3 - 5 days, and that anything more severe than "mild discomfort from abdominal cramping" is unusual? Has anyone else longed for one of these text book periods? Why are we continuing to lie to our daughters about what they will go through? It's outrageous, really.

Well, enough about that. I'm off to make a cup of tea and see if we have any decent chocolate hiding in the pantry. And take another muscle relaxant. I haven't had a day like this in some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment