Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oh. My. Cod.

I wanted to begin this with some clever Captain Hook reference, but I just wasn't feeling as inspired as one would have liked.

This is actually a combination of two or three other recipes. I took what I liked, discarded what sounded boring. And here we go!

3/4 cup white miso
3 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup mirin
3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp sesame oil

2 lbs cod fillets or fillet pieces

Combine all ingredients (except the cod) in a small saucepan. Whisk together on medium heat until well blended and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, allow to cool. Refridgerate for a couple hours to make sure it's cold, then add the cod. Marinate for 24 to 48 hours.

Scrape excess marinade from the cod fillets, and arrange on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet. Broil six inches from heat for 7-10 minutes until browned.

I served this with sugar snap peas and udon noodles tossed with no more than a teaspoon of sesame oil. I encourage you to be creative.

Enjoy!

- Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment