Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Dreaming

Halloween is almost upon us, and I find myself involved in the Little Red Studio's Halloween show entitled The Dreaming: An Erotic Haunted House. Now, despite the title, it's not actually a haunted house in the more traditional sense. It's a performance, and the space is certainly haunted, but...well, here's the write up:

"Step quietly inside a young woman's dream and experience the erotic through her eyes. Seductive and surprising, sweet and terrifying, The Dreaming is Halloween as only Little Red Studio can offer. Join us for Little Red Studio's 2nd Annual presentation of Seattle's only erotic Haunted House."

My role in this production is that of a ghost - I decided on a Hollywood Golden Age starlet who had od'ed on martinis and sleeping pills. I stagger about in a white satin night gown and matching robe, my martini glass still in my hand, drunkenly berating the pretty guests and flirting with every decently attractive male that passes by. It's by far too much fun. I wish there had been enough time and resources to construct a second outfit for the show - I would enjoy switching up characters. I may still attempt to dig through my closet and find something, though I have an issue with white. As one may well imagine, I don't own much white. My first ghost costume was pieced together over the past few weeks by raiding every Goodwill in a ten mile radius and ordering from clearance sales online. As I told a friend, I don't even own white underwear!

Well, my wardrobe aside, it's a fantastic show, and if you're anywhere in the Seattle area, or even western Washington, I highly recommend seeing it. The Dreaming will run every night through to Halloween, two shows a night.

- Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment