Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Novel Month Cometh

Good evening, gentle reader. Tomorrow will be a day of fantastic foods. I have two recipes for the weekend - one that I'm serving tomorrow night, and one that will be marinating until Monday evening. But that is a story for another day.

Today, lurking in my Inbox, was an email from the Seattle Municipal Liaison reminding me that National Novel Writing Month was a mere twenty-two days away. This will be my third attempted NaNoWriMo. The first I didn't really put much into. The second began well, but was pushed aside in favor of my first ever paying gig as an event planner. So here we are, hoping that "third time's a charm" is more than just an old adage.

I have a story idea that I am considering heavily for this project. Not too long ago, a friend of mine charged me with the task to "make vampires interesting again". She accompanied this task with a small sketch she had done some time ago, and the images in the sketch brought to mind what I feel are some rather brilliant takes on vampires and mythos. I hope I'm right.

I'm not certain if making an outline or anything of the sort would help. I have a bad habit of beginning a story, knowing where I want it to go, and not being able to get it there. I just lose my momentum. It's unfortunate, and very frustrating. I know NaNoWriMo is hard, but with the circumstances in my life right now I have no excuse not to succeed. Particularly if I really am as gifted a writer as everyone likes to tell me I am.

- Sway

No comments:

Post a Comment